Today the development team and K1JT announced that there is a new release candidate for WSJT-X available for download on the WSJT-X homepage. As usual there is a number of installation packages for multiple platforms available.
As this is a release candidate and not a complete release all users are encouraged to report any problems or bugs to the development team.
So what´s new in WSJT-X 1.9.0-RC2? The release notes from Joe, K1JT revels for example the following improvements:
- A new FT8 DXpedition mode to wich makes it possible to have high QSO rates in pileup situations.
- Decoding improvements for JT65 along with optional auto sequencing function for JT4, JT65 and JT9 in VHF/UHF/Microvawe mode. For JT65 also a priori (AP) decoding is available when using this mode.
- Further improvement of the AP decoding in FT8 and minor adjustment to auto-sequencing behaviour.
- Improved waterfall sensitivity for very weak signals. Adjustment of waterfall properties regarding gain and zero level are also directly affecting the entire waterfall, including the historical traces.
- An automatic and real-time forwarding of logged information to N1MM Logger+ is also implemented.
- improvement and expansion of UDP messages that are sent to companion software, for example JTalert and others.
Regarding the DXpedition mode, all station using this mode must use WSJT-X 1.9.0 at both ends to work! Instructions for how to work this mode can be found here:
Please, do report any bugs or anomaluos behaivur to the development team!
73 de SM7VRZ